Holistic development of the individual and enhancing the performance at all levels.
Physical Education is an all encompassing term, including fitness, skills, movement, recreation, health, games and sport plus the appropriate values and knowledge of each.
The skills developed through a good physical education programme are critical in ensuring that students gain success in many of the sport and leisure activities.
It has a major role to play in the development of young people. It is an integral part of the total education of any child and is closely linked to other creative and learning experiences and skill acquisition.
It makes a significant contribution to the all – round development of the mind and body. The development of motor skills, physical fitness and knowledge must begin in the earliest years of primary school. During these years, the students are physically and intellectually capable of benefiting from instruction and are highly motivated and enthusiastic about learning.
Goals of the Physical Education & Sports Policy
- To help students achieve an overall development.
- Integrate Physical Education and Sports into the curriculum.
- To provide students with a variety of activities that will enhance life-long learning and participation
- Promote physical excellence.
Benefits of the Sports program:
- Students display positive attitudes towards an active lifestyle
- Students develop personal physical fitness and enhance bone growth
- Exhibit more positive attitudes about school, physical activity and self
- Play better with others
- Have less aggressive behaviors
- Perform better academically